You've made it! You are now a part of the Martie community! Wait, if you aren't, create your 100% free, no commitment account, here.
As a warmup, here are answers to our most frequently asked questions from new shoppers. Go on, have a read, and as always, any questions, just text us at (213) 788-1204!
1. What is "Just Landed"?
"Just Landed” is where you can find all the newest arrivals at Martie. We are receiving hundreds of new items at our warehouse Monday - Friday, rain or shine. Which means you can always find the newest deals here. Want to be notified first when big shipments arrive? Get on our SMS list, here!
2. Do you sell expired food?
We love this question! And, the quick and easy answer is “no”. While over 50% of items at Martie have well over 1 year of “shelf life” left, oftentimes perfectly good foods end up on Martie because they are nearing their best-by date and can't be sold in "normal" retail channels. On that...three important things to note:
- We ALWAYS show you the best-by date right on the product page. Just click directly on the product, and you’ll find the product’s best-by date. From there, you can shop at your own comfort level.
- NOTE: Sometimes we receive "extension letters" from brands that have undergone testing on their food items to extend the best-by-date. We'll always tell you on the product page, plus, we'll send you an email notifying you of this. Sending an email is a more economical way of notifying you, vs paying for stickers and labor to cover up the label. So, don't be alarmed if you get an item that has a different best-by-date. Just look in your email for a note from us!
- Ok, and here's where we get on our soapbox a bit. Did you know that "expiration dates" on food aren't required by the federal government*, according to the USDA? These dates are not an indicator of the product's safety and are rather meant to be a helpful tool, but sadly are also part of a system that leads to good food going to waste. This is especially problematic when it comes to shelf-stable foods, what you find at Martie. We prefer to use the words "best by date" instead of "expiration date" as the food is still safe to eat. Learn more about the differences in the dates over at the blog, Expiration Explained. and our stance in general on these dates by reading Going, Going, Gone.
*Best by dates on infant formula are required by the federal government.
3. When will my order arrive?
Once in transit, your order will be shipped via UPS Ground and UPS Surepost (final delivery from the US Postal Service) and can take up to 5 days, depending on where you live. You will be sent tracking info once your order leaves our warehouse. The easiest way to stay updated on your order status, is to download the iOS or Android app! For more info on our shipping policy, see here.
We are proud to ship our boxes in an economical and sustainable way–which means no expedited or super duper fast delivery! What we lack in speed of delivery, you gain in savings and convenience of online shopping. Plan ahead when you place your Martie order, and the savings will come pouring in!
4. Where did the deal go?
5. How do I get started?
6. Where do I go for further questions?
Welcome to the Martie Party! It's good to have you here.