Now that the holiday season is in full swing, we are polishing up on our snack board skills. What does it take to build the perfect cheese and charcuterie board for your guests? You need the right ingredients and a dash of creativity. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this cornucopia of crowd pleasers! Be the hostess who saves the mostest, both for your wallet and the planet.
- Crackers - We are loving these crackers from Rustic Bakery, Milton’s and Moonshot. Plus, these Gluten-Free crackers are a must-have.
- Salty Toppings - A great can of Tonnino Tuna will impress your guests!
- Nuts - Pistachios, almonds, cashews - you don’t need them all, but you need one!
- Olives - Always a must-have, these olives will more than do….Add in Artichoke Hearts if you dare!
- Spreads - Grab a couple of jars! We love this Rutherford & Meyer Honey Apricot spread, or this Pomegranate Spread. Don't forget a spicy mustard!
- Fruit - Here you can go as wild as you’d like! Cut apples, grapes on the vine, figs or plums, check your local farmer’s market to see what’s in season! And there’s always these delicious dried figs from Joolie’s!
- Cheese - Pretty sure you can’t have too many types of cheeses, but we are big fans of Brie, Manchego, and if you’re feeling fancy, a Triple Cream Cheese.
- Cured Meats - Traditional boards include salami or prosciutto, but you can really offer up anything salty and savory, like this Turkey Jerky.
- Sweets - Some say this should wait until after the main event, but we beg to differ. Have a cookie, no one is looking!
- Wood Cutting Board
- Sprig of Rosemary, or leaf of lettuce
- Bowl for olive pits or pistachio shells
- Small Spoons
- Cheese knives
Remember, stock up, but only open what you need. From Thanksgiving through New Years, Americans waste 25% more food than they do during the rest of the year. Be a smartie and enjoy the festivities!
Back to the Blog.